Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Danceswithchicks, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Danceswithchicks

Danceswithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Yesterday it was 36 degrees farenheit for the high! Does anyoneelse have freezing weather?

2. teach1rusl

teach1rusl Love My Chickens

Well...we did beat you yesterday. I think we got up to 38!! [​IMG] We dropped to 19 here last night. HATE it!! I'm ready for spring already... Today we're supposed to reach a balmy 44, but we'll see if it happens.

3. gudrin

gudrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 30, 2008
    Minnesota
    I'm guessing you're from a part of the states that doesn't see much cold then. Right now it's 13 degrees F. That's up two degrees from when I got up this morning. Our thermometer said the overnight low was 0.9 degrees F. And it's snowing...again. But it's just flurries, so that's not so bad, and we can still see the grass through the snow, so it's not deep enough yet anyway. White Christmas, here we come! Yay!

4. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Right now it is 16, but "feels like -3" according to the Weather Channel. I am not going outside to find out, so I will take their word for it. [​IMG]

We are supposed to get to 22 today.

5. Overeasyplz

Overeasyplz Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Leesburg
    I'm sick of the cold already, It also lasts till April. If we are lucky, that is. We have had snow in June before.... [​IMG]

6. Danceswithchicks

Danceswithchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

My chickens don't like it, either. I put a heat lamp in the coop for nightime, and they got grouchy from the light at night. They do take lots of naps in the afternoons,though.

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Had a duck freeze to death the other night when it got down to 22*F here in Ga. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by