Bruce Goose is gone and it's a VERY VERY SAD day for me(long)

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by cockadoodlemom, Apr 21, 2009.

1. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    I am so sad because I lost my Bruce Goose, Goosey Lucy, 2 Amigos, Quakers, and one of my Embden's. I am sick so I went to bed early and didn't tell hubby to go lock up. Hubby is sooo tired he fell asleep in his chair as usual and didn't go lock up. My dog in the front yard was raising cain about 12:30 am and it finally woke me up so I woke hubby up to go lock up and see what she was barking at.......well he came back and said he only found 2 geese and 1 duck out of 5 geese and 4 ducks. I get up and go outside with hubby and we walk around and I am calling Bruce but he never answered. I am so sick and upset that I can't even cry..... does that make any sense? I keep looking out hoping they are hiding and waiting till its safe to come out. Hubby got on the tractor last night and went to the pond where he saw eyes and it was a dang coyote. He took a shot at it but we don't know if he hit it or not. He also rode around a lot of the 42 acres trying to find my babies but no luck.
    Bruce Goose is so special to me and its hard to believe he is gone. I could step out on the porch and holler Bruce and no matter where he was he would come running to me. He loved to cuddle and also loved to be carried around while I was outside no matter what. I could tell him he was a dirty bird and needed a bath and he would gladly go to his pool and take a bath for me. He was my protector and I failed him.
    Today I go to court for SSD and I am sick with a sore throat & coughing..........and now I mourn for my Bruce, Goosey Lucy, MeMe Amigo's, Quackers, and my big beautiful Embden.
    Sorry this is so long but I knew I could talk openly here with yall about my loss. I am still so upset I can't cry and it is about to drive me crazy.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    [​IMG] Oh I am soooo sorry!!! [​IMG]

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    I am very sorry, Teresa. [​IMG]

4. chicklady63

chicklady63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2009
    First of all I just want to say I'm sorry. It sounds as though you're in a spot in your life where you're having a really tough go. God bless.
    I hate it so much about your geese and ducks, especially your "Bruce". Don't you think they still might possibly return? Could one coyote do away with them all and leave no signs or were there several, I guess they hunt in packs? I must say your husband really loves you to have gone to the extent he did in the middle of the night to help find your pets.
    I know it really hurts. And yes, I think it's not unusual to be so stressed that you can't even cry. I think it's shock. But a good cry will probably do you good right about now, if you can manage it.
    I've had chickens for years and some are much more special to me than others, but geese are just different all the way around. So much like a dog, at least mine are. (I haven't tried ducks yet.)
    I hope they all return safe and sound. I'm really, really sorry. And I pray your burdens lighten very soon.[​IMG]

5. rachiegirl

rachiegirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    Beaver Co. PA
    [​IMG] I am so sorry. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. old mill poultry

old mill poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    SO VERY SORRY... I've been there and really know what you are feeling. When I lost half my chickens last feb, you just feel sick to the stomach, the crying comes later.

7. Lil Chickie Mama

Lil Chickie Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2009
    California
    Aww, honey I'm so sorry this happened to you. I know you must feel pretty cruddy right now. You are absolutely right to think that you can come here to talk, we've all had losses of some sort and we all know just how these little buggers can cozy up to a place in your heart. We are all sending e-hugs right now! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Calebs Acre

Calebs Acre Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2008
    Long Island
    BIG hugs to you! I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved babies! Bruce sounded so very special!!!

Nancy

9. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    [​IMG] I am SO sorry about Bruce and your other babies. I went through the same thing last week. It is really devastating. It took me a few days before I cried. I think I was in shock and then I felt physically sick to my stomach. Then, I cried my eyes out. [​IMG] I think because I spent days walking the woods calling for the missing ones. No luck. I still try, but I think they are just gone.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Hopefully you will find some of them that are just hiding. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good luck in your hearing today.

Shelly

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by