Brunner Pouters

NYboy

Songster
10 Years
Nov 12, 2009
White plains
I just got my first pouters. They look very delicate, especially their long legs. Are they as delicate as they look? Can they live in a loft with other breeds?

Last edited:
Wow ! another Brunner person,Great!. I bought a pair last fall at the Louisville show. I am really taken with them. So far they have produced me five young ones and just hatched another pair. Mine seem extremely hardy. Even hatced in freezing weather and raised their babies,I was afraids they wouldn't be able to keep them warm,they look so skinny!lol. I now have mine in my roller loft and they do good except I had to take out the young pouter males because they wanted to take up with roller hens. I would sure like to find some more but thney aren't to be found here in middle Tn. My male is solid black and the hen is red splashed and I have gotten splash,pied,ans black out of them. I can send pics in e-mail but can't figure out how to post them on here.

They are funny looking birds. I think they look more like strokes then pigeons! I got mine at Slobberknocker lofts online auction. Now that eggbid is out of the picture, they have alot more birds for auction.

Hi Kenny, If you go to BYC random rambling section there is a thread on eggbid , it has over 200 post on it.

Last edited:
I went quiet aways back on that thread and didn't find anything.Maybe it was deleted for some reason. I check both Slobbers and eggbid often and haven't noticed any thing different except slobbers has updated his site. I guess I missed the brunners on Slobbers ads!Darn it!lol

Still there as of Sat am on 2nd page 227 posts. Was started by Mamawolf 544 on 5/30. sorry I dont know how to set up a link to it.

Thanks NYBoy. Got your e-mail. Trying to set up a membership now so I can bid. Also want to contact owner and see if he has any females. Thats what I am really in need of. But I sure like that yellow male too!I have had pigeons for over forty years ,mostly flying rollers,but always dabbled in other breeds. But the brunners have really captivated me. They are so funny to watch!

Quote:
Glad to hear that you like the Brunners. I have also raised rollers most of my life but keep pouters as show birds and do show at Louisville. I sold out of brunners there last year. I am raising Horseman and flying pouters now. I still have 2 Brunner cocks a black and a white that if you need I will take this fall to Louisville. If interest ed give me a shout.

Back
Top Bottom