BSL, austalorp/RIR cross, and silver-laced wyandotte/RIR cross

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by madornato, May 13, 2010.

1. madornato

madornato Out Of The Brooder

Sep 2, 2009
    Newnan, GA
    I have some chicks that have just hatched. The only roosters I had with my hens were RIR, but I have a variety of hens: black australorp, RIR, silver-laced wyandotte, barred rock, and golden-laced wyandotte. I have hatched black sexed-link chicks before, so I know what some of them look like. However, this time, in addition to getting the standard-looking BSLs, I also got a couple of black chicks with a little brown around their faces and underneath with little or no white. Are these also BSL, or are they an austalorp/RIR cross? I tried to pick only the barred rock, silver-laced wyandotte, and RIR eggs for the incubator, but I could have made some mistakes. Another chick that hatched was light, light yellow with 2 lengthwise black stripes down its back. I looks similar to the way my female red sexlinks looked from a previous hatch but without the red. Could it be a male silver-laced wyandotte/RIR cross? Thanks for your help. If you need me to, I can try to take some pictures and upload them.

2. Peep_Show

Peep_Show Overrun With Chickens

Mar 14, 2010
    Corrales, NM
    The RIR x SLW cross will produce a Cinnamon Queen sex-link. The males are pure white, females are pure red. No stripes that I have ever seen. My guess is perhaps the chipmunk is the RIR x GLW?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by