BSL laid 21 days in a row!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by JennsPeeps, Apr 26, 2009.

1. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Gwen, our resident BSL, laid an egg daily for 21 days in a row. She took Friday off and started up her next stretch yesterday.

Great birds, those BSL!

2. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
    I can beat that, I have 3 Isa Browns that have only missed one egg since Jan1. All are jumbos. If you want some like them you can order from Townline hatchery. www.townlinehatchery.com

3. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Wow Jenn...how old was your BSL when she started laying? I've got only 1 BSL, and she's 22 weeks and still hasn't started yet. Her comb and wattles are super bright red and she's "singing the song"...so hopefully any day now!

4. JennsPeeps

JennsPeeps Rhymes with 'henn'

Jun 14, 2008
    South Puget Sound
    Shelley - Gwen will be a year old in the end of May (around May 30). She started laying on Thanksgiving Day, which put her at about 6 months old. My other 2 pullets, a RIR and a BR (RIP Dumpling) started on Dec. 27 & 28th. They were ~7 months old. Her eggs are medium-sized, around 56 grams. The RIR's eggs are much larger: 62g & bigger.

5. shelleyb1969

shelleyb1969 Star Bright Farm

Thanks Jenn. I guess I can start expecting eggs within a couple of weeks...yippeeee! [​IMG] I sure hope mine lay as well as yours! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by