BSL middle toenail white, others black?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by wordgirl, Nov 2, 2009.

1. wordgirl

wordgirl One of the Shire-folk

Apr 14, 2009
    All four of our BSLs' middle toenails are white, but the outside two are both black. Are your BSLs like this? [​IMG]

2. wordgirl

Apr 14, 2009
    Anyone?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
  3. pixie74943

pixie74943 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Adelaide, Australia
    yepp [​IMG]

Although I was told mine is an Australorp X... waiting till she gets a bit older to see if the neck feathers go red, that seems to be the easiest way to tell between a BSL and a Australorp X...

But yeah.. middle toe is white.. No idea why [​IMG]

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I have one like that. There's no real significance that I know of. Just an unusual trait!

5. wordgirl

Apr 14, 2009
    Quote:Don't know about crosses, but our Aussies' middle toes are black, I think.

6. HeelerDawg

HeelerDawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2008
    Southeastern,Kentucky
    I have a self-blue old english game bantam rooster like that. Don't know why, it's just a genetical trait.

7. wordgirl

Apr 14, 2009
    Quote:Don't know about crosses, but our Aussies' middle toes are black, I think.

No, they're whitish. [​IMG]

8. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    I just got through telling my sis to bring her camera next time by so I can take a pic of my little roo like this. He's not a sex link hes a Xbreed whatchmacallit but he has dark feet with both of the middle toes are white along with the toenails also. Its so neat looking

catdaddy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by