BSL Ready to lay yet 2 weeks later?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ChickenPeep, Aug 13, 2011.

1. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    I have a Black sex Link (BSL) who is about 5-5 1/2 months old. 2 weeks ago i had a thread about her, but since thah, she cas changed a lot! Her comb is growing not, but no squatting yet. Could i get an estimation on when she'll start laying? Aslo, what else could i look for in a ready layer? Here are some pics! if you need any more just say so! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fluffy Butt!!
    [​IMG]

2. mk4lh

mk4lh Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2009
    Swanzey
    She looks like she could start laying at any time (based on the red comb, the redder the closer), however since she hasn't started the squatting behavior yet it could still be a bit. I found with mine that waiting for that 1st egg seem to take forever. Then when you least expect it.....bam egg time. Good luck. [​IMG]

3. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    When do you think she will start squatting?

4. mk4lh

mk4lh Out Of The Brooder

Aug 9, 2009
    Swanzey
    There's no telling it could be in a couple of days or a couple of weeks yet. Sorry cann't pin it done exactly

5. DanEP

DanEP Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Cadiz Ky
    I have some that have been laying for alomst a year that still don't squat. two did before laying two after laying and 9 that still don't.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by