BSL... Really?

harleyjo

Songster
9 Years
May 6, 2010
SW Iowa
I have asked about this chick before and I am going to add another picture. She came with a box of BSL's. The older she gets, almost 6 weeks now, the less she looks like the other black ones. Yes she has some barring like some of them but her colors are different, her legs are yellow and the others are black.
56696_dsc07706.jpg

Is there really that much variation in the black sex links?

This is how my other BSL's look, like the black one. Some may have a little more of the reddish barring but nothing like the different one.
56696_dsc07710.jpg

yep, still looks just like the difference between my 2 bsl's, I guess mine is i bit more brown. in fact my son just saw that 2nd picture AND SAID the names of our 2.
smile.png
(and likes to push the caps button when i type
tongue.png
)

That is so bizarre that there is that much variation in the colors and the fact that she is the only one of the group that has yellow legs.

I don't think she is a BSL think they put her in the wrong box or something. I have 2 bsl and one has more red showing but nothing like that. can you see what other birds the place where you got them has and see if they look anything like her. good luck.

This is the hatchery they came from...http://www.hoovershatchery.com/. I buy from another hatchery that is closer to me because I can pick them up but they get the layers from Hoover and they drive and pick them up also. So the chicks are never shipped through the postal service. Maybe someone more knowledgable than me can look at what they have and see what they think. Thanks.

Does anyone have Gold Stars? I wonder if that is a possibility. That is one of the laying chickens they have there.

Back
Top Bottom