Bubba shared his treats today...

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by usalbrechts, Nov 13, 2007.

1. usalbrechts

usalbrechts Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2007
    south east MI
    It was so cute!! I asked someone on here the other day what she meant by a rooster sharing treats with the hens. She said she meant just that. I had not seen mine ever do that, until today. This morning I was out there with them and I watched Bubba, my silkie roo pick a BIG worm out of the ground and then cluck a couple of times and drop it. Then Paris came over to eat it. It was too cute... Just thought I'd share with people who would care....
    [​IMG]

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I was so touched when I saw our roo do this. It really is the sweetest thing. Took the peeps a while to get used to it, and now several of his favorite girls come running when he makes his "Found a Treat" call.

DH mocked him and said he was pandering to the girls. Then I pointed out that he gets 'lucky' an awful lot and maybe that's why. DH got a thoughtful look on his face...

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Humm.... Kip will sometimes do that just to "trap" an unsuspecting girl! [​IMG]
    "I found a treat! Well, while you're here..."

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by