Bubble butt

Jus1

Chirping
Apr 25, 2018
So I have a baby quail that was born at 1am this morning and I see a bubble at his/her butt. My husband thinks it's egg sack hanging on, I think it looks fleshy. Can someone tell me what this is? I didn't have this with my last batch of chicks, so this is new to me

Attachments

• 20180624_111517.jpg
    20180624_111517.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 30
So I have a baby quail that was born at 1am this morning and I see a bubble at his/her butt. My husband thinks it's egg sack hanging on, I think it looks fleshy. Can someone tell me what this is? I didn't have this with my last batch of chicks, so this is new to me
I've never had quail, and I've never seen anything similar with chicks, but sometimes, especially in high humidity, my ducklings leave something that looks very much like that behind in the shell. These three might know more:

@JaeG
@007Sean?
@Pyxis?

Someone in the recent weeks had a post like this and they got lots of good advice. I believe it got smaller and the chick seem to be OK. I’m sure Someone will chime in with good advice for you. Good luck

Hopefully I'll hear something. I don't know if this poor guy is in pain. Plus I have another chick hatching now, I don't know if it will pick on him

Sorry, I don't know what web address you're talking about. I have yet to fully learn how to use this forum, and I have a tumor behind my left eye that makes reading a little hard, so admittedly I've not studied the how to's as much ad I normally would

Sorry, I don't know what web address you're talking about. I have yet to fully learn how to use this forum, and I have a tumor behind my left eye that makes reading a little hard, so admittedly I've not studied the how to's as much ad I normally would
Sorry! I thought I was replying to @ChirpyChicks1. (For whatever reason, I didn't look to see who was posting. Just assumed I was getting a reply to a reply. Oops.) I thought she could find the thread where she saw the good advice and show it to us.

Back
Top Bottom