Bubbles coming from her eyes HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Sarahj21, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Sarahj21

Sarahj21 Just Hatched

Mar 3, 2013
    East sussex uk
    My 2/3 yr old pekin Bantam has bubbles coming from her eyes, she was fine yesterday but just gone to clean them out and there are bubbles, it looks like some-one has spit in her eyes, she seems fine in herself but it is making her shake her head to get them off. She is laying lots of eggs ( which is odd as she never really lays ) There were 2 from her this morning!! She lives with a RIR who was very ill afew weeks ago ( couldn't stand and i had to hand feed her for afew days, but she is all better now so don't think its any thing to do with that )

2. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Bubbles in the eyes and a RIR that was recently ill usually indicates a respiratory disease that is going around in your flock...possibly a mycoplasma disease. She will require an antibiotic, tylosin from your vet.

3. shell3

shell3 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2012
    Hertfordshire England
    Ive had no experience with this but have read that bubbles in the eyes can be part of a respitory infection, is she rasping when she breaths? otherwise it sounds like some sort of infection, you may need an antibiotic, i dont know enough to advise but if you put 'chicken has bubbles in eyes' into the search bar there are lots of threads about it. have a look and see which symptoms match your hen then see whats been advised. best of luck and i hope someone who knows more chimes in xx

4. Sarahj21

Sarahj21 Just Hatched

Mar 3, 2013
    East sussex uk
    Went back down to her a little while ago and she is fine no bubbles or anything, really odd will look again tomorrow. Her breathing is fine and she is eating and drinking and running about like the nutter she is

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by