Bubbles in corner of the eye

Corid is used for coccidiosis. Do they have any signs? It sounds like she could have MG (mycoplasma,) which can cause bubbles in the eye, conjuctivitis (pinkeye,) and sometimes other signs, such as lethargy, rattly breathing, gasping, or a swollen eye.
I would get some Tylan50 injectable and give 1/4 ml per pound 2-3 times a day for 3-5 days. A pale comb could be due to not laying or molting, or the respiratory problem. I also would look her over for mites crawling on her skin.

Corid is used for coccidiosis. Do they have any signs? It sounds like she could have MG (mycoplasma,) which can cause bubbles in the eye, conjuctivitis (pinkeye,) and sometimes other signs, such as lethargy, rattly breathing, gasping, or a swollen eye.
I would get some Tylan50 injectable and give 1/4 ml per pound 2-3 times a day for 3-5 days. A pale comb could be due to not laying or molting, or the respiratory problem. I also would look her over for mites crawling on her skin.
She was a bit down this morning.

Went to church, came back and found her left eye has gotten worse! :hmm
Resized_20181028_181029.jpg

The scabs could be from peck wounds or possibly fowl pox. Has she been laying eggs or has she molted recently? The Terramycin ointment should be applied into her eye (just a dot) after cleaning it with saline or water twice a day. Try to get the crusty drainage off the eye.

The injectable Tylan 50 should be given ORALLY a couple of drops at a time, letting her swallow in between. Of course, remove the needle when dosing her orally. Get some 3 ml syringes with 18 or 20 gauge needles to get it out of the vial.

She hasn't molted and she hasn't layed yet. She 4 months.
The scabs could be from peck wounds or possibly fowl pox. Has she been laying eggs or has she molted recently? The Terramycin ointment should be applied into her eye (just a dot) after cleaning it with saline or water twice a day. Try to get the crusty drainage off the eye.

The injectable Tylan 50 should be given ORALLY a couple of drops at a time, letting her swallow in between. Of course, remove the needle when dosing her orally. Get some 3 ml syringes with 18 or 20 gauge needles to get it out of the vial.

Back
Top Bottom