Bubbles, Prisms, and chickens.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by missourichickenmama, May 2, 2009.

1. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    My chickens love it when I get out my prism, and let the chase the rainbows around [​IMG] Today was cloudy, so no rainbows for the chickens to chase, so I thought "I bet the chickens Would love to chase bubbles instead.''
    Turns out my chickens don't like to chase bubbles, in fact they are rather afraid of them (exept for rooster, he took a violent intrest in hunting innocent bubbles down and popping them [​IMG] ).
    Anyone else out there that plays with their chickens like that? [​IMG] Or am I just weird?

2. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    My pullet couldn't go outside for two days so I covered the furniture and baby(chicken)proofed the living room. We watched tv and hung out till they were tired and I put them to bed. If you're looking for fellow crazies, this is the right spot.

3. missourichickenmama

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    oh yeah, I forgot to mention that when I open up my chicken's door in the morning, I sneak up on them and suddenly fling open the door and sing, ''*to the tune of happy birthday to you.* good morning to you! good morning to you! Good morning dear chickens, Good morning to you!''
    [​IMG] I know, I am weird...

4. ChickenCharmer

ChickenCharmer Chillin' With My Peeps

HA HA!! that hilarious! [​IMG] you sing good morning to your girls? SO CUTE! I bet they love it! I should do that... it probably makes them feel sort of loved

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I like it! I think thats great! [​IMG]

6. Fruit Juice

Fruit Juice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2009
    Boulder, CO
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. missourichickenmama

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    When it is a holiday I substitute the good morning song for Happy ______ or Merry ______.
    I could go on forever about the weird stuff I do with chickens...
    [​IMG] at least here I know I am in good company...

8. GoldenSilverLaced

GoldenSilverLaced Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    East Central IL
    Glad to know I am not the only weirdo. I talk and sing to my girls all the time. I tell them how beautiful they are usually, and what good girls they are....my finacee does not always agree. Sometimes I squawk at them as well, and they always think it's...interesting. Hopefully I'm not insulting them.

At night right before I check on them I make sure to always call out so they don't get scared and Dunch (golden buff) clucks in return....without fail!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by