Bubbling Eyes

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ClaireandFamily, Dec 22, 2016.

1. ClaireandFamily

ClaireandFamily New Egg

Dec 17, 2016
    I have a silkie, who for the past year and a half, maybe two years, has had bubbling eyes off and on with weeks or month in between, each flair up varies in amount, she heals quickly after having her eyes get a bit of goo on the eyelids. No one else in the flock has had these bubbly eyes, I tried looking it up and i could only find Mycoplasmosis as a possible cause. We have a large flock with chicks we brought in this year. What other diseases have bubbling eyes as the only visible sign? Yes her breathing is fine and i haven't heard her wheezing or coughing, the bubbles are only in her eyes and she is the only one in our flock who has ever had this problem. She's a perfectly healthy bird with good consistent weight, fine behavior, and mostly perfect feathering, she tends to be a bit of a mud pig during rain. Can i treat this? If no one else has gotten it does that mean its chronic and cannot be cured? Her eyesight is fine curently but i'm worried that this will cause her to go blind.

Any information helps
    Claire

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I have a hen who has bubbly eyes too on occasion, usually during cold winter days in the early morning. Her eyes clear up during the day, and she is very healthy with no other signs of mycoplasma, such as nasal drainage, sneezing, or labored vreathing. So it could be something with her tear ducts. You could contact your Dept. of Agriculture to ask about how to get her tested or ask a local vet.

3. ClaireandFamily

ClaireandFamily New Egg

Dec 17, 2016
    I think it was mud in her eyes effecting her tear ducts has she normally get this after/during muddy weather, thanks for your help

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by