Bubbly Eyes

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by CoalLucker, Jan 8, 2017.

1. CoalLucker

CoalLucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2016
    Indiana
    so i noticed that one of my hens had bubbly eyes so i separated her from the flock and brought her inside and gave her some food, water, and a heat lamp. since she's been inside the bubbles have gone away. any explanation?

2. MasterOfClucker

MasterOfClucker Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Many respiratory disease's will go away and then come back in times of stress.Has she done this before?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  3. CoalLucker

Jul 18, 2016
    Indiana
    not that i've noticed. she may have been under some stress lately. i was planning to keep her separated from the flock for some time just to be sure.

4. MasterOfClucker

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    She could've been a active carrier of the Respiratory disease and now that she was stressed out it took over.

5. CoalLucker

Jul 18, 2016
    Indiana
    any suggestion on treatment?

6. MasterOfClucker

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    Tylan 50 can be used to treat secondary respiratory infection.Thats what i would use.

7. CoalLucker

Jul 18, 2016
    Indiana
    thank you

8. MasterOfClucker

Jul 19, 2016
    Iowa
    No problem.[​IMG]

9. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    I just wanted to add that I have a hen who occasionally gets foamy eyes early in the morning on very cold days. Then later in the day, it goes away. I once treated her with Tylan 50 injectable being paranoid that it was mycoplasma (MG,) but it had no effect, plus she never had any respiratory symptoms. I am guessing that mine has something wrong with her tear ducts or has some other problem.

10. CoalLucker

Jul 18, 2016
    Indiana
    that's what happened to my hen. she was the only out really early and it was pretty cold. being paranoid i brought her inside and gave her food and warm water and hung the heat lamp over her just in case and the bubbles went away so i put her back outside and she seems fine now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by