Bubbly eyes....

wjallen05

Songster
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
North Georgia
What is the diagnoses for watery/bubbly eyes? I've been searching high and low and can't find it though I know I read it somewhere earlier. I am taking one of my sick birds tomorrow to some state poultry place where they will cull and necropsy it to find out what my birds have. In the meanwhile, the suspense is killing me, and I want to know if I will have to cull my entire flock or not. I've narrowed it down to NewCastle, Infectious Bronchitis, and Coryza.

Sorry about all of that.

I too am battling something & can't find anyone that will test, return a phone call or email! A few have been sick but the others aren't catching it. I hope you have better luck in finding out what your birds have.

My cochin pullets had bubbly eyes when their heads were all swollen up from an over-zealous roo last weekend. After two days of antibiotics, electrolytes and extra TLC--they are back to normal and have now laid their first eggs...their eyes are back to normal, too...never seen that before or since...

CRD can cause this also. There is no cure for CRD. Although it can be treated the bird will alway's be a carrier. I would watch my flock very close because it is contagious and will spread through them all. If it was me and my flock I would cull that bird. I hope you have it in a seperate pen away from every one. Goodluck.

Yes, he had some sort of respritory virus and a staff infection in his lungs. They did 4 tests on him and all came back negative (Corynza, IB, NewCastle, and something else). They sent off for two other tests and they'll have the results back on either Monday or Tuesday. I wish I could remember the names of the two things it might be but I can't. I'll update yall when I find out. Oh, my other 3 that were sick appear to be better now and no one else has gotten sick. I'm stll being very careful with them as to not spread anything.

Last edited:
Jamie
I am so sorry about that...I couldn't imagine having to cull my entire flock. That is such a bummer, I wish you the luck and strength to get through it!
Jennifer

I know that they can become carriers but why did they say you have to cull the entire flock. It seems odd to me that they sell antibiotics that are labelled for use in CRD but then tell you to cull instead of treat.
sad.png

I'm so sorry...I'm battling something with 2 hens that I got from a show...either coryza or CRD I'm sure. I'm treating with Tylan and they seem a bit better.

Back
Top Bottom