1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Bucket 'O' eggs...

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Fat Daddy, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Its been a big day here at Born Again Virgin Farm !!! I knew it had been awhile since I had gave away or pickled any eggs. I keep them in a small bucket in the frig, and it was gettin kinda full. It be'in the forth weekend and all, we always have a cook out. I figure what better way to get rid of some eggs than devil some and pickle some....

I counted as I loaded them into the boiling pot... A even 100 coturnix eggs, and 4 tiny bob eggs!!

[​IMG]

Then I peeled a bunch for devil'in.... They sure are tasty, but its kinda like pick'in wild strawberries, 1 for the pan...1 for the fatman...1 for the pan...1 for the fatman... But eventually I got enough for a platter full... Whore-D'-vors fit for a king....

[​IMG]

On top of the eggfest. Its hatch day for my chukars..... I set 72 but cracked one with the bator lid so 71 eggs set. The light I use for bobs just didnt have enough to candle these. So I dont know how many are infertile or scrambled from shipping. but 46 have hatched healthy so far...

One things for sure. Im gonna need more pens!!! Bill

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  2. JJMR794

JJMR794 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    MAKE THAT ALOT OF REALLY BIG PENS

CONGRATS ON THE ASSASIN HATCH [​IMG]

3. Fat Daddy

Fat Daddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Ks
    Quote:You aint kidd'in JJ... But, I have become rather proficient at 2 things in the last few months... Building large bird houses, and fitt'in terrorist with bird bits!!! I got this....[​IMG] Bill

4. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks good! [​IMG]

5. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    [​IMG]

big quail eggs too, I know...

very nice chukar chicks, I have yet to take my addiction to the Indian sub-continent, I suspect I will wait for you to raise the best birds, then I will beg you for some [​IMG]

well done!

[​IMG]

6. OzawkieBantams

OzawkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2010
    Ozawkie, KS
    Quote:You aint kidd'in JJ... But, I have become rather proficient at 2 things in the last few months... Building large bird houses, and fitt'in terrorist with bird bits!!! I got this....[​IMG] Bill

Well If ya need to part with a few let me Know Bill I am building me a Chukar Johnny house.

Johnny House

Daren

7. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    Chukar = Bit ... And Thats No Male Bovine Excrement There!

8. MobyQuail

MobyQuail c. giganticus

Sep 10, 2010
    Quailtropolis
    Quote:I don't know JJ, ...

I know someone, that knows an oldtimer, that does it oldschool. they raise their birds on catfood and mealworms, they have broody chukar hens that eat out of their hands. their polar bear is the only one wearing a bit and that is to pull the tractor across the yard to the freshest chicken manure for the birds to dust in...thats what I read somewhere?

Happy Independence Weekend Everyone [​IMG]

9. JJMR794

Mar 2, 2009
    BROOKSVILLE FL
    I have become rather proficient at 2 things in the last few months... Building large bird houses, and fitt'in terrorist with bird bits!!!

WELL GOOD! COME ON DOWN FOR A WORKIN VACATION! SEEMS IN ALL THIS HEAT I HAVE LOST MY MIND AND SET A TRUCK LOAD OF QUAIL EGGS [​IMG]

A TRUCK AND A HALF LOAD OF PHEASANT EGGS....

AND A WAGON LOAD OF TURKEY EGGS...

WHAT THE HECK AM I GONNA DO WITH ALL THESE FUZZIES? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  10. _Randall_

_Randall_ Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2009
    Grenada, Ms
    Quote:Dedgum, Bill............don't know which picture is the mostest outstandish..........the deviled eggs or the chuck chicks..... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by