Bucket water feeders and Feeders

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by 4ladychicks, Aug 9, 2014.

1. 4ladychicks

4ladychicks New Egg

Aug 9, 2014
    Hello,
    has anyone ever used a bucket water feeder? and also the hanging bucket feeders where the chicken pecks the bar. are they they effective?
    Many Thanks
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  2. chikkenfriend

chikkenfriend Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2013
    Texas
    My Coop
    We use the hanging type. We love them. The best thing is that the water stays clean! And they can't spill!! It has really worked well for us.
    [​IMG]

3. 4ladychicks

4ladychicks New Egg

Aug 9, 2014
    ive read people use rabbit water feeders too! cleaver things chickens!

4. chikkenfriend

Dec 2, 2013
    Texas
    My Coop
    Chickens are smart. Mostly. I've raised all my birds from chicks. They've all figured out the water after I showed them how it works. They have no problem with it.

The main thing is keeping the water clean and fresh. Any system that does this is a good system.

Good luck

Sorry. Typo

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  5. 4ladychicks

4ladychicks New Egg

Aug 9, 2014
    My first time with chickens we got them when they were a few days old. they are now laying but finding the food and water thing an issue. Forever cleaning their water and food containers.
    Thank you for your help! :)

6. chikkenfriend

Dec 2, 2013
    Texas
    My Coop
    Hanging the feeders and waterers has helped a great deal. They just stay cleaner. Of course the waterers only work hanging but you get my meaning.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. deathfromabove

deathfromabove Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2014
    maryland
    I had a problem with them in the coop whenever they drank it it ran down the chickens and onto the floor of the coop. I now have the horizontal kind but leave it in the run and ground isn't a muddy mess.

8. GreenDragon

GreenDragon Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2014
    SE Iowa
    [​IMG]
    I just bought on amazon a 50 pack of Vktech Water Cups nipple drinkers for $9.70. When i get them i will let you know how the install was and how well the hens use them and how well they work.

heres just copy and paste this and it will take you to the shop page. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CHHCUQQ/ref=pe_385040_121528360_TE_dp_1

9. 4ladychicks

4ladychicks New Egg

Aug 9, 2014
    thank you everyone for your replies! :)

10. GreenDragon

GreenDragon Out Of The Brooder

Jun 9, 2014
    SE Iowa
    just got the nipples to day will let you know how long it takes the girls to use them and how i installed them and how well they work

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by