Buckeye Breeding set - 1 cockerel, 2 pullets, 2 hens

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chknbrdr, Oct 7, 2010.

1. chknbrdr

chknbrdr Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2007
    Columbus, IN
    Buckeye Breeding set from one of the premiere flocks in the nation! 2010 hatched cockerel and 2 pullets, 2 hens from 2009. These are breeding birds - not in perfect condition for show but will make excellent parent stock for next year's chicks.

go to:

http://www.shadylanepoultry.com/exhbreeds.html

to see pictures of the parents.

I will not ship these birds, so pickup in Columbus, Indiana or I will deliver to shows I am attending this fall - provided payment is made in full before.

Matt John
    Shady Lane Poultry
    812 603-7722

2. chknbrdr

chknbrdr Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2007
    Columbus, IN
    As addendum, I just got back from the Green River Poultry Show in Kentucky today, a Buckeye cockerel that is a hatchmate with the one for sale here won Reserve American!

Matt

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] Wish you were closer!

4. bunnibird55

bunnibird55 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Hi!
    Just logged on and it looks like the sale is over? I am in Ohio and very interested in your Buckeyes...........Please let me know if they are available or there are others available. I currently have New Hampshires and Banty Buff Cochins and have thought very seriously about the Buckeyes since I want to work on fine tuning a Heritage breed. I have 4 granddaughters with one just old enough to start in 4-H. What a great thing if I could get her started with Buckeyes - plus our Ohio winters are a little rough on the combs for my NH roos!
    Thank you!
    Janis Montgomery
    Montpelier, OH
    Cell # 419-630-7100
    Home # 419-485-5330

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by