1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buckeye Chicken Breeders

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by DarkRedBird, Jan 15, 2013.

1. DarkRedBird

DarkRedBird Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013
  2. myfinefeatheredfriends

myfinefeatheredfriends Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Love Buckeyes, native to my state (in fact I live just a half hour away from where they were first developed).

3. Chipper

Chipper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2009
    Washington County, NY
    I have 6 Buckeye hens out in the coop and I like them.Very nice breed .

4. DarkRedBird

Jan 14, 2013
    I am from Ohio as well. I would love to see many more people with buckeyes in their flock. Spring will be here soon and I just wanted to get the info out there for anyone who is looking for hatching eggs or chicks. Feel free to post pics of your buckeyes.

5. DarkRedBird

Jan 14, 2013
    How many people on byc have buckeyes? How many would like to get some this spring? Who would just like more info on the breed?

1 person likes this.
  6. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    I will be getting some this year, hopefully. Looks like my husband is going to retire from the Army early. I love the fact the they are dual purpose

7. DarkRedBird

Jan 14, 2013
    That's a good thing, I hope. If you need any help finding any at that time, just let me know and I will see that you find some.

8. DarkRedBird

Jan 14, 2013
    They are the friendliest of all of my chickens. And you can't help but notice their coloring and the way it shines in the sun. I love them if you can't tell.

9. DarkRedBird

Jan 14, 2013
    Just an fyi, you may link to anything you like on this forum, but there may be feedback given on any sites as well. This is a place to ask opinion, give opinion, and converse as adults about the most beautiful breed in the chicken world.

10. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    This is incorrect. We have rules about linking. You may not link to competing forums, but you may link to a post in another forum if it assists someone asking a question, like in Emergencies.
    You may link to a breed club. You may not link to your business unless you are a PPM.

If you have questions about this, please contact a Staff member.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by