Buckeye Eggs?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by amysue2012, Oct 30, 2008.

1. amysue2012

amysue2012 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    Does anyone have any Buckeye eggs for sale now? Possibly to ship the first part of next week, Nov 3rdish, or the following week? I would like to find a dozen but dont have a lot to spend. Im not sure what they even run, any ideas? If not would anyone have any chicks to part with?

My girls are trying to get a jump start on next years 4-H projects and they talked me into starting up the incubator again. [​IMG] Although they know they never have to twist my arm very hard when it comes to chicks! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. amysue2012

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    Anyone?

3. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    PM corancher, dont know if his buckeyes are still seperated, but had them earlier in the year.

4. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    Was surfin the web (about chickens - what else?) And came accross this: Bill Braden at: http://www.landoftobe.com/ Check it out he has buckeye eggs for sale!

5. amysue2012

Oct 6, 2007
    Montpelier Ohio
    Thank you corancher is out till spring and I just sent an email to Bill.

6. exop

exop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Hey all - I'm looking for Buckeye eggs from anyone who got their Buckeyes from Bill Braden / landoftobe.com . Hi... anybody out there?

I'd have liked to buy eggs directly from Bill this year, but he's sold out well into the summer :-(

So - Buckeye lovers - please drop me a PM or email!

Thanks so much - KR in Indiana

7. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Contact Buckeye Dave! [​IMG]

8. exop

exop Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Naw...

I'm specifically looking for Bill Braden / Landoftobe.com buckeyes.

No other buckeye will do :)

Actually, I take that back - I'd also like eggs descended from Urch / Turnland Poultry, from Sandhill Preservation Center, or from stock from John Brown, of Loveland, OH.

Bill Braden is my first choice though!

Best - KR

9. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    Quote:You do have great taste in birds. They surely would be worth the wait. You might also want to look into the ALBC line, they also have some great looking birds. They have married the "Pearce/Urch/Brown/Rhodes" lines and also have some outstanding offspring.
    Good luck on your search for the "perfect buckeye", I did the same thing for the last 2 years and compiled a flock of the finalists... good times, good times.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by