1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buckeye & Partridge Chantecler Chicks (PA/OH/WV- Pickup Only)

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by RhodeRunner, Mar 10, 2012.

1. RhodeRunner

RhodeRunner Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    8 Buckeye Chicks Currently Available!
    More chicks hatching weekly.

Our Buckeyes are Non-Hatchery stock originating from breeder/exhibitor Laura Haggarty. Our hens are excellent layers of large brown eggs, even throughout the cold winter months. The roosters are delicious table birds at around 6 months. To top it all off, this breed is extremely friendly. Our hens follow us around the yard to be held and pet, even without treats they come running.

Buckeye Chicks are Sold Straight Run (unsexed) at $6.00 each. (Minimum Purchase is Three)

Location: 15046 PA (Approximately: 30 Min from Ohio and Pittsburgh)

3 Partridge Chantecler Chicks Currently Available! **Culls**
    These chicks are Non-Hatchery Stock originating from John Blehm. They are culls! They hatched with the rosecombs, instead of cushion combs. They are healthy chicks, and will make good productive winter hardy fowl for any backyard flock.

Chantecler Culls are $4.00 each (St. Run)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  2. RhodeRunner

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    [​IMG]

6-Month-Old Pullet
    [​IMG]

Our breeding rooster Sir. Robin (before breeding pens were arranged) sharing his lunch with Ralph the Chantecler.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. RhodeRunner

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

4. foxgapchickens

foxgapchickens Out Of The Brooder

May 2, 2011
    Maryland
    They're adorable....

5. QuailQT

QuailQT Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 23, 2009
    NW PA
    Will you be able to attend the chickenswap at the Clarion TSC (info below)? I may get a few from you if you are able to bring some. They are very nice looking birds!

6. RhodeRunner

Feb 22, 2009
    Ashtabula, Ohio
    I wasn't aware there was a chickenswap in Clarion. Thanks for informing me! I will not be attending the 28th swap, but will keep it in mind for future dates.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by