Buckeyes!!! GET YOUR BUCKEYES HERE!!!!! Fresh from my hens in OHIO!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by BuckeyeDave, Jan 22, 2009.

1. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    I have buckeyes! Hatching eggs, day olds, juveniles and mature birds, let me know what you are looking for all in west central Ohio.

Here is my website www.buckeyechickens.com I just loaded up a ton of pics, let me know what you think!!

$ 45.00 for a dozen hatching eggs shipped.

Thanks!
    Dave

2. cw

cw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    green co.
    wow good job i guess buckeyes is all you have?

3. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Those are some pretty Buckeyes! I have never seen ones so nice! It makes me want some.
    ~Rebecca

4. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    Beautiful coloring! Once my 'bator is empty, I may try hatching some of those beauties! How is their temperment?

5. BuckeyeDave

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    Thanks for the encouraging words, I am glad to hear that my efforts have not gone to waste. My wife mentioned that the roosters look small in my arms, the roosters aren't small, I'm just big.

Quote:Mellow...... They free range around my house all day, one of my buckeye roos have NEVER attacked anyone including my 4 year old. I really am surprised (our other roosters used to attack him daily). To me they are almost too docile, I couldn't imagine a buckeye roo ruling any roost that had roosters from other breeds.

Quote:It is all at this time.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  6. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    Beutiful photos, I cant tell how Lg the combs are, you said frostbite isnt a problem. Is you coop insulated?

7. BuckeyeDave

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    Quote:Nope, the coop is well ventilated, with deep litter. I have always understood a insulated closed coop is not good for the flock, if it is not windy and above 20 I open a window to allow for more ventilation.
    The buckeyes are known for their small pea combs, less uncovered “skin” to have to deal with. This is a close up of my most mature male (he's 2 ½) his comb is less than ¾ of an inch high.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  8. Jenski

Jenski Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Middle Tennessee
    Wow, Dave! I am really impressed with the work you're doing with this breed. I will be sure to pass along your info to friends looking for cold-hardy birds.

Nice job! Thanks for being such a responsible steward of a breed in need of support.

9. bigredfeather

bigredfeather Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Yorkshire, Ohio
    Those are some nice looking birds and great website! It would be great if people could replentish this Heritage breed. Come on Buckeyes, let's make these birds popular.

10. corancher

corancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Colorado
    Very nice Buckeyes. I have been raising for several years also and agree that they have a lovely temperment and are very cold hardy.

Good job on the web site.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by