Buckingham Palace 5'x6' Coop with 18' run build

Wendizzle

Chirping
Mar 28, 2021
How much did you have in this project time and money wise? Looks awesome.
...a lot for both answers. I started building in July and finished enough so that they could move in around September. My lack of experience made me a lot slower, I spent a lot of time staring at the project trying to figure out how to do what I wanted.

In terms of cost, I purposely did not keep track because it wasn't cheap (especially with wood prices this year) and knowing the number would take away my enjoyment of the project. If I had to estimate, I would guess materials were give or take around 2k (counting everything from wood, siding, windows, nails/screws, paint, and roofing). I made some mistakes that wasted material sometimes, too.

BYC Project Manager

BYC Staff
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Feb 22, 2009
...a lot for both answers. I started building in July and finished enough so that they could move in around September. My lack of experience made me a lot slower, I spent a lot of time staring at the project trying to figure out how to do what I wanted.

In terms of cost, I purposely did not keep track because it wasn't cheap (especially with wood prices this year) and knowing the number would take away my enjoyment of the project. If I had to estimate, I would guess materials were give or take around 2k (counting everything from wood, siding, windows, nails/screws, paint, and roofing). I made some mistakes that wasted material sometimes, too.
Looking good - why not enter it in our coop page contest for a chance to win awesome prizes HERE?

Top Bottom