Budding Urban Homesteader here!!

cdimmey

In the Brooder
Apr 1, 2016
Introducing Cervelli & the 3 Peepers Millie Tilly and Lily!!

I had chickens in high school until they were almost 3 months old, but its been a WHILE! These pics are from March 22nd. I will have more pics to share soon!!

My husband is complaining about the chicken smell upstairs since our coop isn't done yet and it's not warm enough for them to be outside yet (terrified of having a heat lamp in the shed with all the hay. I'm real paranoid about fire hazards). Once they have all their feathers OR its warmer out we should be good. I told the hubby he has till the end of April to get the coop done
1f44d-1f3fb.png

I'll share current pics soon! Inn looking forward to joining the BYC Community!!

Congratulations on your chicks-  their names would make a good rock  band  :yesss:

That's actually how I can up with it. My husband named the black one (he a Pittsburgh fan, he wanted to name them after a steelers player, but I vetoed it. I like the Pirates)

Moved them to a big chick brooder (it's the box our tub came in, LOL). They seem bored but they're afraid of the branch I just put in. I wonder if they'll play on it once they get used to it.

These pics are all from April 2nd

Last edited:
Does anyone think it's too early to introduce a bowl of wood ash? I'm just trying to think of ways to keep them entertained.

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you join us and thanks for all the photos.

Chicks, whilst a little reserved at first, are curious by nature, so any objects that are shiny (e.g. a CD) or things they can jump on are good entertainment for them.

You may want to consider putting some chicken wire over the top of the brooder, cos you will always find one thats an escape artist!

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom