BUDDY gets another chance...Trainer Came!

thebritt

Songster
10 Years
Mar 5, 2009
Humboldt County
Buddy and the family is getting a visit (or 3) from a professional trainer. The first visit is to analyze the situation (aggressiveness with my GP), with possible follow-ups (3). Companion Animal Foundation is going to foot the bill ($200 for 4 visits), provided I (and family) folllow all recommendations (no problem). I love CAF! I sure hope Buddy and Ludwig (our GP) can work it out w/out bloodloss!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Wonderful news!! I wish your family and the dogs best of luck!
fl.gif
Buddy is lucky to have someone so wonderful taking care of him now! Keep us posted.

The trainer came on Saturday. She said there's hope for Buddy, based on the facts that he's a really fast learner, and VERY treat-driven. We are to work diligently on "Look at me", sit, down, and STAY (stay is the one that needs the most work with all our dogs). We have our work cut out for us, and she said Ludwig and Buddy may never be friends, but may learn to tolerate each other's presence. She said Buddy wants to be top dog, feels threatened by Ludwig (our GP), and wants him gone (not going to happen) - that's why he keeps attacking Ludwig (and getting his butt kicked). She also said she didn't see any reason Buddy couldn't be re-homed if he's well-trained. He'd be an awesome cow dog. Once, when he found a hole in the fence at the school (I took him there for exercise on a weekend), he ran into the woods - out of sight - in a big cow pasture. All the cows saw him in the woods and went running in his direction! I thought, Oh great - he's either gonna get trampled or shot! Well, moments later, all the cows came running out of the woods in a tight ball formation, with Buddy about 20 feet behind them! He directed the whole herd in my direction - like he was bringing all the cows TO ME! I yelled at him to COME! and he stopped herding them - they all stopped running - and he came to me...Weird.

Buddy is a chow/McNab - heavy on the McNab (with purple spots on his tongue). His fur is McNabby as well - short and shiny, tail has very little curl to it. Weighs 43 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom