Budgie tail bobbing

ChickenKiera

Songster
Oct 17, 2019
Does anyone know how to stop a budgie tail bobbing without going to the vet because I can’t go because of this pandemic and my parents won’t let me go either. He has been doing it for weeks and it seems to be getting worse. I don’t want him to die. Is there any way I can fix it at home?Don’t worry if nobody knows anything.

How severe is it? Sometimes they might bob a little bit to keep balance, but if it’s a constant thing then he DESPERATELY needs to see a vet! If you can let your parents know that other people are confirming that he needs to see a vet, will they take you? This is usually an indicator of a respiratory problem to the best of my knowledge, and birds are very sensitive with those kind of issues.
Also the vet will just run out to your car and grab it check it out and bring it back no need to go in

How severe is it? Sometimes they might bob a little bit to keep balance, but if it’s a constant thing then he DESPERATELY needs to see a vet! If you can let your parents know that other people are confirming that he needs to see a vet, will they take you? This is usually an indicator of a respiratory problem to the best of my knowledge, and birds are very sensitive with those kind of issues.

Do you know what some causes of a respiratory problem is?

Do you know what some causes of a respiratory problem is?
Usually it’s what they breathe in. If there is a smoker in the house, and they breath in too much of that it can cause respiratory issues. Or if the cage isn’t cleaned enough and a buildup of ammonia happens and they are living in it that can cause it too. Things such as aerosol kitchen sprays or paints, or mold too. Basically anything unhealthy they can breath in can cause it, they have very sensitive respiratory systems. That’s why usually most people will say not to keep them in places like your kitchen or garage or anywhere that people will spray things.

Usually it’s what they breathe in. If there is a smoker in the house, and they breath in too much of that it can cause respiratory issues. Or if the cage isn’t cleaned enough and a buildup of ammonia happens and they are living in it that can cause it too. Things such as aerosol kitchen sprays or paints, or mold too. Basically anything unhealthy they can breath in can cause it, they have very sensitive respiratory systems. That’s why usually most people will say not to keep them in places like your kitchen or garage or anywhere that people will spray things.
Thankyou, I’ve been having a few bbqs in my garden and my budgies cage is next to the door. There was smoke coming in so I moved him to a place where he was out of the way and there was no smoke. Do you think that could of been the problem? I might ask my parents to not have a bbq for a while.

Back
Top Bottom