buff Ameraucana

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by killer, Apr 28, 2009.

1. killer

killer Chillin' With My Peeps

who raises these or gold/black ones. i had a hen and loved her my son put the chickens up and let her out and the coons got her. firt time in 3 years that we lost any chicken. but i would love to get some buff or glod /black one again. most of mine are hatching out grey/white or blackor red/brown from my other hen and roo.

2. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Pips and Peeps might have some chicks for sale. Maybe she will chime in. There are others that raises black and buff color ones.

3. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Are you looking for bantam or large fowl? I can direct you to who I sold my flock to if you're looking for bantams. I'm sure they're still working on them.

4. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Are all those chick colors that you are hatching coming from one pen of birds? If so it sounds like easter eggers, but if not and you want Ameraucana try Pips&Peeps or join us on the Ameraucana breeders site where you can connect with some Ameraucana breeders [​IMG]

5. killer

she looked like this hen on this page.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ameraucana

my other hen is black.

and the roo is alot of colors black/yellow neck and redish brown/white body and a black tail. so anything can happen. i guess they could be called EE's and i wouldn't care. i still love them.

6. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Yes, based on the picture on that link you have an Easter Egger. EE'rs don't breed true so it's going to be hard to purposely get one the exact colors you want. Have you checked out the BST section?

7. killer

yeah i got her from my dad he hatched out two that looked just her. and he had some buff/white and white ones.

8. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Best place to go to find a good, quick answer to that question as well as a good source for your birds is www.ameraucana.org . Then click on the Breeders List and look for those who sell Buffs. Sorry, I only have the WBS variety.

Hope that helps.

God Bless,

9. sara

sara Title Needed Here

Tailfeathers ~ Just so you don't get in trouble, you aren't allowed to link other sites with forums on here, or at least that is what I was told [​IMG]

10. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2007
    Washington State
    Thanks Sara. I'll have to go back and look at the rules again. I was thinking you just couldn't promote other websites or groups on BYC. I didn't think that applied to referencing a site just to help somebody out. I would think we ought to be able to refer someone to the actual source of information when needed but I'll go check the rules again when I get a chance.

Moderators - sorry if I broke the rules. I was just trying to be helpful.

God Bless,

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by