Buff and white chicken with "willow" (green) legs and cushion comb (maybe pea comb)

kuntrydazy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 8, 2014
I ordered chicks last spring from McMurray Hatchery and with each order they send one random, rare breed chick. They don't tell you what it is. I want to know what mine is. Everyone assumes she is a Buff Orpington, but they don't have green legs and tiny combs like she does from what I can tell. If anyone knows what she is I'd be very excited to learn. I wouldn't mind getting more of her breed at some point - she has been low maintenance, hardy, smart, lays well, and has really beautiful coloring. Thanks for your help!

[ALT=""]https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6661551/width/350/height/700[/IMG]

Last edited:
A picture would help. Does she lay blue or green eggs? With green legs an Easter Egger would be my first guess but I can't confirm without a picture.

I put photos on my post, can you not see them? There are a few photos. This is my first post adding photos so maybe I did it wrong. She could lay blue or green eggs, it's hard to tell. I have 24 chickens laying and they lay in nests with other eggs from other chickens. I do have quite a few blue and green eggs, but I also have Easter Eggers, Auracana's, and Ameraucana's. Actually just looked up each of these and saw photos similar to her, but all are a little different. She doesn't have the face/neck tufts of the Easter Eggers, the ear tufts of the Araucana's, or the leg coloring of Ameraucana's. Her coloring is just so different from those chickens - no brown or black at all.

Last edited:
I can see the pictures now. She is an Easter Egger. There seem to be a lot of clean faced ones this year.

Thank you all! Conveniently the one chick I have that turned out to be a rooster is also an Easter Egger - maybe I will try to breed them at some point and see if I can get more like her (though I'm slightly disappointed to hear she is an Easter Egger since they don't breed true). I agree, I think she is very unique and pretty looking, and also has great temperament, hardiness, and personality. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom