Buff Bar Cochin Pair in Maryland- pick up only

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickygirl2, Aug 15, 2011.

1. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    I have a pair of Bantam Buff Barred Cochins that I am going to part with. The male has the beautiful barring and the female is lighter in color. They were hatched from Steve at the Bantam Barn's eggs. This is the second laying season. With the newer generation, the females are showing more barring, but the males still show it best. Please note- I will not ship. Pick up is in Upper Marlboro, Md 20772

[​IMG] A roo
    [​IMG] A couple barred females a few months old and darker in color than the moms

[​IMG] A pair

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  2. Backyard Bantam

Backyard Bantam Out Of The Brooder

That, I believe, is actually called Crele. (Pronounced Krill) ....it has a 'barred' effect, but still stays the color of the chicken. (Buff, blue,etc.)

3. chickygirl2

chickygirl2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    upper marlboro. md
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  4. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:This is more of what Crele looks like, but with better barring in the tail than these pictured.
    [​IMG]

5. pinkwindsong

pinkwindsong Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    Laurens SC
    Oh my gosh I wish you were closer I am searching all over Sc to find hens for my boy. no one has LF barred cochins down here... good luck on finding good home for them they are beautiful
    Pink

6. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Quote:Those are bantams not LF. I have LF barred cochins, but not LF buff barred cochin.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2011
  7. bantyshanty

bantyshanty Oval Office Courier

Oct 6, 2009
    S.W Pennsylvania
    Those are beautiful birds, used to have a pair. Your roo is gorgeous. Wish you luck in rehoming them [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by