1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Bearded Silkies

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by mothergoose, Jan 16, 2007.

1. mothergoose

mothergoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    I am new to the world of silkies and probably would never have gotten any if my daughter had'nt wanted to get some. I bought some silkie eggs from some of our byc breeders, this past fall and have hatched some really nice silkies. They are still young, but filling in nicely. I would have to say my favorite color is the buff. The pictures are of a buff cockerel I got at the Indianapolis Crossroads show from Shari/Harvest Breeze Farms. He is anxiously waiting for his girlfriends to grow up. He still has a bit of a wait. But, he stands guard outside their pen and just drools for now.
    Christie [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  2. Sharisr32

Sharisr32 Egg Killer ;)

Jan 14, 2007
    OH/PA Boarder
    He looks great !!

3. mothergoose

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Thanks Shari, I am pretty fond of him too!
    Christie [​IMG]

4. Henriettahen

Henriettahen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Canada
    wow beautiful roo! I haven't ever seen one like that before...very cool color!

5. cindydj

cindydj Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2007
    He is beautiful! I love the buff.

You have some really nice animals on your website!

Cindy

6. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    I agree Christie, He is a beauty. I have my order in with the same breeder for a Buff Cockerel, I am looking forward to getting him. I am trying to improve the color of my Buff Sizzles and while I will always keep my buff Silkie Roo, Moa, He has lots of black in the tail and some in the wings and I would like to try to get some more clear Sizzles. I am just fasinated by the Frizzled Crests on these birds. They remind me of the 1040's hairdo.

Hum!!! I am seeing some more possible egg trades here.

7. mothergoose

Jan 12, 2007
    Chebanse, Illinois
    Cindy, Thank you for the compliment. If you can't tell, the geese are #1 on my list. I love all our animals, but the dewlap toulouse top the list.

Jaynie, It will be awhile before I have any eggs to hatch. His girlfriends are still young. But, I have buff girls for him that I hatched from both Jen and Mel.I can't wait to hatch some of that match. I am always interested in swapping. Don't know if I will ever get tired of hatching those salmon's of yours.
    Christie [​IMG]

8. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    What an interesting color! Very neat!

9. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    He looks great!!!

I've never seen such a beautiful silkie with white & Buff in it!!! [​IMG]

10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Christie he is very pretty and what an interesting color-Silkies are pretty new to me so Ive only seen a very few but hes a looker [​IMG]

Do you have any pics of your partridge silkies?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by