buff brahma chicks

tbird

Hatching
12 Years
Aug 19, 2007
Hi
I got some buff brahma chicks from Ideal. They are 3 weeks old now. When do they begin to develop feathers on their legs?
I am trying to tell them apart from some Delaware chicks I got at the same time . Thanks for any help. This forum is great!!! So much to learn and what a great resource.
smile.png
smile.png

I raise light brahmas they have feathers or fluff on their legs at hatch...so should buffs...at 3 weeks you should be able to start telling delaware chicks from buffs by their coloring I would think...but I've never raised either from chicks...

thanks for the Pics!! Speckledhen!!
Beautiful hen w/o the leg feathering.
It's really amazing how fast they are growing. I thinK I will Move them outside this weekend:warm weather forecasted.
cool.png
cool.png

Dont get me wrong, I'm fine with my Caroline. The Lt. Brahma has more leg feathering than Caroline does, but still not as much as she should. Anyway, I'm not breeding them so no problem for me. Actually, I'm not a big fan of feather legged birds so her lack of it is just peachy by me.

what is ordered were buff brahma chicks, what i got may be something entirely different.They are 4 weeks old and solid white . no signs of any tan/brown feathering...yet? what did Ideal send me?
hmmm

Back
Top Bottom