Buff Brahma chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by BuffMomma, Mar 8, 2012.

1. BuffMomma

BuffMomma Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2012
    Florida
    I am trying to figure out if I have Brahma pullets or roos does any one have any pictures of chicks at about 5 weeks give or take they do not have very big combs and they are not real red any idea how to tell right now

2. dragonmorgan

dragonmorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2012
    South Alabama
    Mine arent but a couple days so Im no help here but maybe you could post some pics of them and some of the other people on here can look and give some guesses.

3. BuffMomma

Feb 16, 2012
    Florida
    I will if there is enough light when I get home good luck with yours mine are getting so big[​IMG]

4. PtldChick

PtldChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Portland, OR
    The combs won't be as much an early clue as the feathering. The boys will not look as pretty, their coloring will be more mixed in vs the girls have more definite columbian coloring. I thought I had two pullets last year (sexed) but one didn't look as nice, I called her Bufferella...well she turned into Buffzilla the big cockeral eventually.

5. BuffMomma

Feb 16, 2012
    Florida
    thank you i tried to take pictures but they didn't turn out to clear im going to take some tomorrow and try and post them.

6. dragonmorgan

Feb 25, 2012
    South Alabama
    Im hopin I have at least one Buffzillas lol. If not Im sure one of my BOs or "Easter Eggers" (they were labeled as EEs but they may be something different) will be a roo. Cant wait to see your pics so I can compare mine and get an idea of how mine will look in a couple weeks.

7. BuffMomma

Feb 16, 2012
    Florida
    I have 6 BOs, 4 Buff Brahmas, 4 Welsummers all 5 weeks old and i know i have at least three BO roos. and I have 6 BOs, 6 EEs and 2 Delawares 1 weeks old all pullets LOTS OF BABIES

8. dragonmorgan

Feb 25, 2012
    South Alabama
    Ooo Im so jealous. We have 4 Buff Brahamas, 2 Barred Rocks (pretty sure both hens), 2 "Easter Eggers" (they were labeled as EEs but Im not sure thats what they really are so I gotta wait for eggs to know for sure), 2 Golden Comets (both hens), and 3 BOs. Mine are all 2 weeks old. I wish DH would let me get more. I keep tryin to talk him into it but hes pretty firm that we have enough for now lol. We still gotta build our coop tho. Hopefully I can get him to build it a little big so we have room to add more once these are out of the brooder [​IMG]

9. BuffMomma

Feb 16, 2012
    Florida
    Well mine cut me off til next year LOL we also have 11 grown hens and 2 roos so no more for me unluss of course I find one I just can not live without [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by