Buff Brahma cockerel or pullet?

Dianekw

Songster
7 Years
Aug 9, 2016
1658173561216.png
is it too early to tell? Zelda/Zachary(?) is 4 1/2 weeks old. Hard to see in this photo. But shes got a huge fluffy feathery chest...not sure if that means anything, but I thought i read somewhere that girl chicks feather out softer than boys in this breed? The feathers are super soft. I dont know...this is my first brahma. I'm beginning to think I have a brooder full of cockerels, so any hope for a pullet would be awesome at this point! What are the chances that my 7 chicks...6 different breeds, ALL end up male??? 🤪

my own opinion but i think they’ll be a pullet! her crown is still super small so maybe there’s a chance you’ll get at least one hen!

Cant really tell. is there another pic I could look at?
Heres a close up I took couple days ago at one day shy of 6 weeks. Its hard to get a decent shot of these chickies cuz they're just always on the move. If you tell me what angle and what feature/body part helps you see the best, i can try to get one later today. 😄 thanks!

Attachments

• 20220727_204012.jpg
    20220727_204012.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 7
Yay! At least i got one! 😆 got 7 chickies...pretty sure 3 are roosters...another one is probably roo, and the last two are acting very roo-ish..
I'm afraid i may be buying my first eggs in years very soon if i dont get some hens outta this bunch! 😏

Heres a close up I took couple days ago at one day shy of 6 weeks. Its hard to get a decent shot of these chickies cuz they're just always on the move. If you tell me what angle and what feature/body part helps you see the best, i can try to get one later today. 😄 thanks!

Someone told me how to tell a gender with those types of combs. 3 rows is a male and 2 is a female. Not too sure if it’s true or not. I don’t think it is. And maybe a picture of the tail & just before the tail starts?

Back
Top Bottom