Buff Brahma eggs incubating day 21

Odemay

In the Brooder
May 24, 2017
I have about 30 eggs in the incubator right now. most are on day 22 and some are almost done day 21. I had one chick hatch this morning quite early. I see two pips. The chick has been rolling the eggs around, is this anything to be concerned about? Is the time difference between all of the eggs anything to be concerned about at this point? Is this very uncommon?

I have about 30 eggs in the incubator right now. most are on day 22 and some are almost done day 21. I had one chick hatch this morning quite early. I see two pips. The chick has been rolling the eggs around, is this anything to be concerned about? Is the time difference between all of the eggs anything to be concerned about at this point? Is this very uncommon?
I Never add eggs a day or two apart----that's a close staggered set/hatch and I do not want that. All My eggs go in at the Same time, all hatch at the same time----within 24 hrs of each other usually. Chicks rolling eggs is common and has never caused me a problem, some do remove the chicks after they dry some so they do not roll the eggs. Mine stay in till the hatch is over then I open and remove all at one time. That's your call but if you are going to be opening it while others are hatching you need to learn, when, how, etc before you do it so you do not create bad problems for the ones not hatched yet.

I Never add eggs a day or two apart----that's a close staggered set/hatch and I do not want that. All My eggs go in at the Same time, all hatch at the same time----within 24 hrs of each other usually. Chicks rolling eggs is common and has never caused me a problem, some do remove the chicks after they dry some so they do not roll the eggs. Mine stay in till the hatch is over then I open and remove all at one time. That's your call but if you are going to be opening it while others are hatching you need to learn, when, how, etc before you do it so you do not create bad problems for the ones not hatched yet.

Yes I agree a staggered hatch was a bad idea and this is my very first hatch. I have put most into the incubator on the same day though and only a few due a day later, so would have thot more would be hatched out around the same time. Within the ones put in at the same time only one has hatched and then some pips. How long have u waited between eggs hatching?

Yes I agree a staggered hatch was a bad idea and this is my very first hatch. I have put most into the incubator on the same day though and only a few due a day later, so would have thot more would be hatched out around the same time. Within the ones put in at the same time only one has hatched and then some pips. How long have u waited between eggs hatching?
I am not sure about your question? Lets say I had a chick to hatch early(some bantams do)---day 19 and the rest hatch late day 20 and early day 21----the chick that hatched on day 19 will stay in the incubator till day 22 unless all the eggs hatch before then. I am a hands-Off-Hatcher and I not open my incubator during the hatch for NO Reason. Doing so has given me great hatches with the last 10,000 I have hatched. Water is added through a vent hole if needed----not open to add----again Not Opened For No reason---LOL.

I am not sure about your question? Lets say I had a chick to hatch early(some bantams do)---day 19 and the rest hatch late day 20 and early day 21----the chick that hatched on day 19 will stay in the incubator till day 22 unless all the eggs hatch before then. I am a hands-Off-Hatcher and I not open my incubator during the hatch for NO Reason. Doing so has given me great hatches with the last 10,000 I have hatched. Water is added through a vent hole if needed----not open to add----again Not Opened For No reason---LOL.
Thank u so much this is exactly what I wanted to know.:).

Back
Top Bottom