Buff Brahma Pairs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by geareduplyn, Jun 13, 2009.

1. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Songster

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    I have available several pairs of my 'Droid Chickens available. These will be Pick Up only. I would ship them, but they are almost as big as I am and it would probably cost a fortune to ship. They are Just starting to lay. $65.00 per pair.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BlackBart

BlackBart Songster

Mar 29, 2009
    Oh Man! I so wish I lived closer !! those are on my wish list.

Beautiful birds [​IMG]

3. rubyjane

rubyjane In the Brooder

May 20, 2009
    WAREHAM
    wow what beauties [​IMG] my favorite. hoping thats what i've got. my dream chicken [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    *Dies a little inside*

[​IMG]

5. PlumTuckered

PlumTuckered Songster

Jun 27, 2007
    Arkansas
    WOW!! Those are gorgeous birds! I wish I lived closer!

Michelle

6. greathorse

greathorse Songster

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Gary I got a mess of eggs from you that included RIR, Cochin and possibly some Buff Brahma. I do not have enough experience yet to tell the Brahma from the Cochin, but if there are a couple of Brahma would they be from this breeding?

BTW there was real decent fertility on the eggs but the hatch was very poor as there were a lot of cells that were loosey goosey to say the least. A lot started but did not finish. I hope I have a couple of those droids in the ones I hatched.

I am not being the least bit critical, the woes of high altitude hatching are well documented. For shipped eggs I was very happy

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  7. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Greathorse, you can tell the Brahmas from the cochins by looking at their combs.

The Cochins have a single comb whereas the Brahmas will have a pea comb. (Relatively speaking...the ones with the combs you can see are the ones that are Cochins.)

8. greathorse

greathorse Songster

Oct 1, 2008
    Northern Colorado
    Thanks, that helps me a lot. Tells you how much I know about these breeds. I saw some pics of Gary's Cochin and a great deal on some eggs and got an assortment. I have no business having any of them as I will now need to build a pen when they grow out, but they were some awesome birds.

If there are a couple of those droids in this bunch that would be really cool as well.

Thanks again

9. cochinbantam-lover

cochinbantam-lover Songster

May 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    What beautiful chickens!!!!

10. geareduplyn

geareduplyn Songster

Jun 2, 2008
    Salley SC
    Last chance. They are going to the Auction Saturday

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: