1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Cochin Bantam Trio ~~~ Free

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tothemoon, Dec 17, 2009.

1. tothemoon

tothemoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    I have a roo and 2 hens that I need to rehome. These 3 have some special needs though. The roo, Sunny, was attacked by a dog a couple months ago and is very hard to handle now, Ive tried to tame him but he wont have anything of it. He is still growing his tail feathers out and has some neck feathers that are messed up a little due to him trying to fight my other 2 roos who are bigger than him. His hens like to peck at his neck feathers as well, making it hard for them to grow back. The best placement for these would be to someone that can keep them seperated and spend a LOT of time with the roo, trying to get his sweet nature back. A large enclosure or free ranging with no access to other roos would be ideal. The hens are fairly docile, however you have to check for eggs regularly or they will eat them if left in with them to long. I know these are not good qualities for chickens but that is why I would like to find someone who maybe doesnt have to many other chickens and can focus on these 3 and give them the attention they need. I have 3 other roos running around, one of those a large standard size, and even though they are enclosed most of the time, I still allow them to free range occasionally which gives Sunny the chance to pick fights. So someone with no other roos would be great for this trio. If anyone is interested please pm me for more info. I would also consider giving away just the hens. God Bless!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
  2. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    will you ship them? I will pay for shipping and box fees. I will give them a coop all to themselfs. Thanks

3. tothemoon

tothemoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    pidgey104 .......I wiould love to find them a good home but I really dont think being shipped would be good for the already traumitized roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by