Buff Cochin Bantam Trio ~~~ Free

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tothemoon, Jan 6, 2010.

1. tothemoon

tothemoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    I have a roo and 2 hens that I need to find a home for. They are free because they look awful right now. I have had to break the hens from egg eating and picking each others feathers out due to a lack of protien in thier diet. They have blu kote on the bald spots as well, to make sure they heal and no more pecking occurs. I have been recieving 2 un-broken eggs everyday now for about a week and see some feathers growing back in thier bald spots. I just dont have the room to keep them seperated from the other chickens as much as they need to be while healing. They arent the friendliest of birds either. Someone would have to want to take a lot of time to try to tame them and make them better pets. I have no idea how to ship live adult chickens so I really dont know if I could do that, but might consider it. If you are willing to give these guys a try, please let me know. Thanks!

2. leighhancock

leighhancock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2009
    Lancaster SC
    Where in sc are you!? I could take them. I have a open pen and I have cochin bantam knowledge. After dealing with several evil roo issues and feather picking hens (rescue birds) I think I have it down pat! Let me know!I would love to help them if I can!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  3. WestKnollAmy

WestKnollAmy The Crazy Chicken Lady Premium Member

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Yes, please let us know where you are at. I can certainly pick them up if they are close to me.

Okay, I see you are in the mid lands. Near Newberry? Or closer to Columbia?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2010
  4. tothemoon

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    I live in Leesville, SC. I am waiting to hear from Leighhancock to see if she wants them for sure, if not then I will contact you. Thanks!

5. leighhancock

leighhancock Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2009
    Lancaster SC
    I pmed you!

6. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Okay, that is fine.
    I hope it works out for you all but if not, just let me know.

7. tothemoon

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    Nadine, I pmed you to see if you still want the trio?

8. WestKnollAmy

Apr 22, 2008
    upstate SC
    Sorry, I never got your PM! I just read another thread that said the same thing. Wonder what is going on?

9. tothemoon

Sep 3, 2009
    Texas
    Ill try to pm again, send you my phone #. Dont want to post it on the thread for all to see! LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by