Buff Cochin or Buff Orpington

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Alex961, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Alex961

Alex961 Out Of The Brooder

Hi everyone I trying to decide whether to get some Buff Cochins or Orpington Chicks from Ideal Poultry. So which should I get? I already know I getting some Silkies from there with them. Also could you all post some of your pictures of your Cochins, Orpingtons, and Silkies you got from Ideal? Thanks! -Alex

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    If I had to choose between the two, I'd pick the Buff Orps

3. silkydragon

silkydragon Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2009
    ohio valley
    depends on what you want eggs go with buff orp broody machine cochin clean legged buff orp featherd legs cochin

while buff orps will go broody more often then breeds such as sexlinks they are good egg producers and way less likely to go broody then cochins and cochins lay eggs with bigger yolks im far from an expert but those are the things that lead me to decide on a cochin idk much about buff orps sept i seem to be the only person on this site that dosnt have them or plan on getting them [​IMG]

4. chaneg78

chaneg78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Hudson IN
    It really depends on what you want in your chicken like silky dragon said. Orps if you want the better layer. Cochins if you want a broody, or just as a pet. The just as a pet part is just an opinion, Orps are very kind also.

5. AccentOnHakes

AccentOnHakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2009
    Mix 'em.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by