Buff Cornish Bantam??? Want more of her but what is she?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by snowydiamonds, Jan 20, 2010.

1. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

She feels like my standard LF Wyandotte hens body when I pick her up. She's a bantam but what? I'd like to order more of her this Spring.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    ks like a little red sex-link. Cute!

3. Yep, a red sex-link. They call these birds all kinds of things.

Although these are usually a cross of two types of chickens. You say yours is a Bantam. So this may be a bit harder to figure out.

4. jqs birds

jqs birds Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2009
    Western Colorado
    She kinda looks like she may be a blue laced red wyandotte with no lacing. Typical hatchery quality.
    1 because of body shape
    2 comb
    3 blue around tail and neck

5. LeBlackbird

LeBlackbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    SE Pennsylvania
    No single comb, no red sex link...

6. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    I agree with the poor quality of a blue laced red wyandotte.

7. chickenlover54

chickenlover54 Henely Hatchery

May 20, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    Quote:I 100% agree

8. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    No no no- you can make a red sex link using a silver laced wyandotte hen. RIRs and SLW both come in bantam size. She's lovely.

9. keesmom

keesmom Overrun With Chickens

Jul 28, 2008
    MA
    Quote:I would agree as well.

10. snowydiamonds

snowydiamonds Chillin' With My Peeps

She was ordered from a hatchery as a bantam BLRW but was the only chick to survive, the others froze before arrival. I gave her CPR and warmed her up beneath my shirt, kept puffing air into her (mouth to head vs mouth to mouth). The same box of chicks had standard GLW chicks and all but one was also dead on arrival just as this little hen but the two were still limp, not stiff so the two survived. She lays nice eggs and has a nice meaty body to stay warm in our cold weather. I kept wanting to recreate more of her but so far the three chicks have long legs from the roo and a third of the body weight/mass is lost so I was wondering what I was doing trying to create her when I could reorder more of her if I knew what to ask for. Thanks:)

(As stubborn as I am, I'm going to put her with my medium sized GLWx roo and see what those chicks end up like in the meantime.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by