1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

buff ducks,

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by kbeale, Aug 12, 2011.

1. kbeale

kbeale New Egg

Aug 5, 2011
    I am new here and not sure if this is where this should be posted but I need to find a mate for my sad buff male duck ASAP. Can anyone in NY or PA help?

2. sallysinnamon

sallysinnamon Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2010
    south eastern
    i live in pa. i dont have buff ducks..if youre looking for another breed to create a diversified flock...i have rouens and i have pekins...?

3. kbeale

kbeale New Egg

Aug 5, 2011
    I already got him a pair of mallard mix and he will hang out with thembut does not mate and it real is not the same as when he he had his female buff.Thanks for the thought.

4. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    if you aren't concerned about breed, check craigslist.

5. kbeale

kbeale New Egg

Aug 5, 2011
    Mr. QUACKERS REALLY WANTS A KINDRED SPIRIT.WE REALLY NEED A BUFF FOR HIM. HIS PERSONALITY IS SO DIFFERENT
    FROM THE MALLARD MIX.

6. ZoeS95423

ZoeS95423 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2011
    I have a buff duck that is pairs with a black swedish, and they have babies together. I am in NY, So the babies are buff duck mixed, they are 2 months old right now, but sounds like you only want a buff.

7. kbeale

kbeale New Egg

Aug 5, 2011
    The mallard mixes are like aliens
    They are so different then him. Busy bodies and very talkative. I now only have room for one more and want to get it right. I am not framiliar with Swedes. What are they like?
    I am thinking of going to the state fair to look for one. If I have no success I would like to get I'm touch with you about yours. Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by