Buff Laced Brahma Roosters X BLRW hens(buff aced wyandotte?)

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by RedRoosterFarm, Apr 21, 2011.

1. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Question for the group please. I put several BLRW hens in with Buff Laced Brahma roosters and want to know if I will get Buff Laced Wyandottes. Would you put BLRW roos in with Buff Laced Brahma hens or the other way around to get them? Thoughts? I have a ton of chicks hatching from the blrw hens and buff laced roos and they are two different colors and nice feathers on the legs but I want to go in the right direction so im here to ask. I know it wil take lots of breeding but would like to get a buff laced wyandotte. Thanks!!

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Gender doesn't matter.

The thing is, you've gotta make sure you get rid of the mahogany from the Wyandottes, and correct the body, leg length, leg feathering, and comb type. [​IMG]

Since Buff Lacing contains dominant white, that's all you need. If you keep breeding for that back into the Wyandotte (but get rid of the mahogany!) then you're on the right track. Honestly I think it would be MUCH easier if you did this with Silver Laced Wyandottes or Gold Laced (although so very few gold laced are good quality)

3. RedRoosterFarm

RedRoosterFarm **LOVE MY SERAMAS**

Mar 25, 2010
    Eatonville, Washington
    Thanks, I am just playing and wanting to see what I can get from these. I got some real nice babies so far. I know it will take a lot of time but I have time.
    Quote:

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by