1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff laced Polish hasn't laid since Sunday, should I be worried?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by bribrewster, Feb 11, 2015.

1. bribrewster

bribrewster Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2014
    I have a buff laced Polish that just started laying. I have a Silver Laced Polish that starting laying a couple weeks before her (Velma) and Velma lays every other day like clock work. The buff laced (Bowie) laid Friday and Sunday and I haven't gotten an egg from her since. She's eating and drinking like normal and defecating like normal, but I've looked up egg binding and it doesn't look like egg binding, but I just want to make sure I have nothing to worry about! This is my very first flock so I'm always a little paranoid! I have 3 silkies as well and when they started laying they each gave me about an egg a day.
    Should I be worried about her not laying or does it take them a little while to get into a rhythm?

Thank you!

2. No need to worry. Point of lay pullets are usually haphazard at first. She'll iron everything out soon enough. Give her a month or so.

Wish ha the best.

3. bribrewster

bribrewster Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2014
    She laid! I got worried for no reason. Thank you!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by