Buff Laced Polish Rooster - Free to good home

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Kedreeva, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    Just like the title says- have a buff laced polish roo. I'd prefer him to go to a home where he won't go to freezer camp. If you come get him, he's free. PM me for an address and a time, we are in southeast MI near ann arbor.

He is excellent breed stock- the feet deformities pictured are a result of incredibly poor care before reaching my hands, not genetics. All of his offspring have had perfectly formed feet and are sharp lookers (posted some pictures of them below if you don't believe me!). He's got really gorgeous feathers and defends the ladies against harm from our dogs and cats and other things that may get into the coop. We are also fairly sure he carried the bearded gene, as a lot of his kids have got beards.

We can't keep him despite that he's perfectly fine with all of our hens. He just cannot control himself around our one other rooster, who is kind of a wuss, so he either finds a new home or ends up in the stew pot after I pelt him. I thought I would give him a chance first, in case someone wants him as a pet or as breeding stock.

For the cost of gas, if he will find a HOME with you, I am willing to drive him to you or to a meeting place between within a few hours of where I am. PM me to see if we can work something out. I cannot ship him at this time, as we are not NPIP yet. Waiting on the antigen *sigh*

So here he is:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's a video of him and one of his hens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwuzjZ4IiCk

And
    some of his kids:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by