1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Buff Laced Polish Roosters (Hampton Roads, VA)

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by kesca, Oct 22, 2014.

1. kesca

kesca Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2014
    Hi! Unfortunately half of our straight run chicks turned into roosters, and I now have to get rid of 3 polish roosters. They are approximately 18 weeks give or take a few days. I will post pictures later today of the three. We did have to trim two of the roosters crest as the weight was causing them to shut one of their eyes.

2. lilfyre

lilfyre New Egg

Oct 10, 2014
    Suffolk, VA
    Hello I live in Suffolk. I was hoping you might still have the roosters?

3. kesca

kesca Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2014
    Yes we do, all 3.

4. jimphnode

jimphnode New Egg

Nov 6, 2014
    Virginia
    Hi. Just wondering if those Roos found a new home. I live in barhamsville, and I'm interested in them.

5. kesca

kesca Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2014
    Unfortunately they have not. Still have all 3 available. We are in Williamsburg.

6. If the issue is their crowing, you should try the no crow rooster collar. It has no shock or anything, it just muffles their vocal cords. It's a completely humane way to quiet the crow to the point that they are making less noise than the hens.

7. kesca

kesca Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2014
    Still looking for a home for our 3 roos.

8. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    Any chance you could post picts?
    I have a friend who is looking for a gentle (won't scare her) roo for her 4 RIR hens.

9. kesca

kesca Out Of The Brooder

Oct 22, 2014

I can later today

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by