Buff Laced Wyandotte

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Jeff1960, Nov 23, 2010.

1. Jeff1960

Jeff1960 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 23, 2010
    Fremont Michigan
    I am interested in raising Buff Laced wyandottes, What do I cross to get these beautiful birds? Is it the Gold laced and silver lace??

2. roocrazy

roocrazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2009
    minnesota!!!!
    im not sure so ill bump it for you they sound stunning

3. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Buff Laced is basically a gold laced with dominant white, making it that the "lacing" is white, the center of the feather is gold. [​IMG]

What you'd need to actually create such, for starters, are good quality, non-hatchery Wyandottes. Then, get one with dominant white genes, and one with gold lacing. Work there to get the white into the gold lacing. [​IMG]

Always remember though - Work on the type first, then the color. There are far too many Wyandottes out there that don't look anything close to the standard, and even the loved Blue Laced Red color variety, though not even accepted yet, can and has been ruined in a lot of birds, both in body and even color quality.

Although, I believe there are already some buff laced breeders out there. . .

4. Jeff1960

Nov 23, 2010
    Fremont Michigan
    thanks for your help with this. I think I will look for some good Buff breeders and see if I can get a nice pair. But sounds like some fun to work at creating some myself as well.

If anyone knows of any nice Buff Lace breeders in Michigan would love to know! I have not found any as of yet.

5. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I have never heard of anyone having them in the US, not in large fowl anyway.

6. Jeff1960

Nov 23, 2010
    Fremont Michigan
    That is what i am seeming to find out. Oh well I will keep looking. For now I will concentrate on my speckled Sussex and Ancona's and Black Austrolorps and my Turkeys Just starting to get
    into breeding some. Always just raised chickens for fun but want to try something a little more.

7. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Yep I'll probably end up breeding some myself before too long along with everything else Im working on. Especially in bantams but maybe LF too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by