Buff Laced Wyandottes

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by dutchman, Feb 10, 2008.

1. dutchman

dutchman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2007
    Lebanon TN
    Does any one know of any breeders or hatcheries that have this color of Wyandottes? I'm looking for some for my father-in-law. We have looked every where, but no luck. thanks for any and all responses. Dutchman

2. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Buff laced is a result of breeding
    buff laced X buff laced (100%)
    blr X blr (25%)
    blr X Buff laced (50%)

So I would guess anyone with Blue laced red wyandottes would have these, or you might be able to hatch some if you bought blr hatching eggs.

3. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Buff laced here in the U.S. were made by crossing either white laced reds to gold laced, and selecting the lightest birds, or by breeding blue laced golds(poor blue laced reds) together and only keeping splash birds, keep breeding the splash birds together until you get basically white lacing.

4. Josie

Josie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Oh I didn't know that, I thought splash and buff-laced were interchangeable terms?

5. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Overrun With Chickens

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    Nope. If you look at buff laced polish, they are a buff bird with a off-white lacing. We tried to make blue laced red polish by crossing buff laced polish hens to a BLR roo and got buff laced birds that had an odd comb and a small crest. If you really want buff laced wyandottes, try crossing a golden laced wyandotte to a buff laced sebright, it would be easy to do with bantams, hard to do with large fowl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by