Buff Laced Wyandottes

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Momma Hen, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Momma Hen

Momma Hen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2007
    Missouri
    Who's got Buff Laced Wyandottes? Or what do I cross to make them?

2. cornishman

cornishman Out Of The Brooder

Feb 27, 2007
    i think what chicken you are calling buff laced is called golden laced wyandottes. not for sure exactly how to make them but you can buy them from hatcheries. cornishman.

3. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Naw, she is talkin about Buff Laced. They have them on Feathersite. Or atleast I think she is. [​IMG]

4. Momma Hen

Momma Hen Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2007
    Missouri
    you got it- Buff Laced as shown on Feathersite. I already have SL & GL Wyandottes. Gotta get some Buffs! Oh & some BLR too!!

5. Foghorn

Foghorn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    I want some silver laced and those Blue laced reds are beautiful. Anybody got em?

6. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

YAY! I'll have BLRW in a couple weeks!!! I want to keep a trio and sell the eggs.
    So, hit me up in 7 months or so... [​IMG]

7. Chickanmanfromarkansas

Chickanmanfromarkansas Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2010
    Anyone find any in the US?

8. chickenlady81

chickenlady81 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2008
    Weare, NH
    I have Blrw [​IMG]

9. encorepistol

encorepistol Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    Pauls poultry has all the recognized breeds of Wyandottes and they are all good birds!!!

10. WyandotteTX

WyandotteTX Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    Buff Laced Wyandottes as you have seen them from the pics in UK and Europe do not exist here in the US. The only thing I know of that is anywhere close to that color is White Laced Red Wyandottes and those are only in bantams. Gorgeous birds though. To get true buff laced you would have to make some serious out crosses I would think to get the buff lacing. Only breed I can think of in standards that is buff laced is Polish and that would be a booger getting type and color back to any type of wyandotte looking bird. Only other way might be to make a multiple cross with White, Buff, Silver Laced and GL wyandottes in the hope that you might get something that was still buff but had some form of lacing with it. But that would be a serious undertaking in my opinion. Any takers? haha

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by