Buff Lavender Split Hen #20 Ship/NY/VT/Mass/Ct

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
For auction very nice Buff lavender split hen #20. She is just a year old and is finishing her first molt and not as far along as #21 She has a vaulted scull, big crest (still has pinfeathers from the molt see pic below) and is a even buff color but with a lighter underfluff than #21. She has great feet and also has good shredding and snappy wings. I personally can not see any leakage of any color on her and think she would do great in a buff pen, or PI pen. I know her sire was a lavender rooster from Bren and her mother was one of a few buffs I hatched from Sundownwaterfowl. She is one of 4 that are very similar, I have hatched out PI from that pen but do not know which specific chicks came from where, I do know that the PI seen below is from one of them.

I am not certified but I have had a closed flock/s for well over a year now and practice very strict bio security. All of my birds are raised on certified organic feed and using natural organic methods although everyone is vaccinated for Mareks disease as day old chicks and kept isolated for 15 days or so. Contrary to what some believe the vaccination for Mareks for chickens is actually the turkey strain. When introduced to turkey mareks the chick is able to develop a resistance to the chicken mareks if kept isolated from it for 10 days. Vaccinated birds are not carriers and can be kept in a mixed flock with both vaccinated and non vaccinated chickens with no ill effects.

She will ship in a new box express with shredded apples for the journey. I will only ship weather permitting on both ends. I have 24 hour heat pads and will be fixing one to box. I also have shipping waterers and will use one if the express trip will take more than 24 hours for an additional $2.50 if wanted, they are really useful and reusable. I welcome pick ups! Cost of shipping with box is $55 . I will refund the difference in $ if this price is too high, but I have been taking a hit with some of my auctions and would rather return some money than pay out of pocket for not charging enough. I have ordered larger boxes so I can combine shipping with other auctions.

I will be traveling Feb 23-weekend to VT. I can plan a pick up on the highway along the way on the way up (not the way back) to avoid shipping costs, anywhere along I95 to 91 then up to Mt Stowe area and Morrisville VT. Payment must be made at end of auction though.

Her crest will fill in a lot more as the rest of the feather bits fall off revealing the new fluffy feathers as will her body, you can see in the pic below her pin feathers are still coming in on her wings and elsewhere. She will fill in very nice when done in a month or so I promise!

bufflavsplithen20pic3.jpg

bufflavsplithen20pic2.jpg

bufflavsplithen20pic1.jpg

bufflavsplithen20pinfeathers.jpg

bufflavsplithen20feet.jpg

Here is my PI that hatched from the flock this hen lived in. There is a 1/4 chance she came from this hen.
PIPullet1.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom