Buff Leghorns/ Minorca

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Birch Run Farm, Aug 1, 2010.

1. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    My buff leghorns have been doing well with fertility. I have many nice chicks hatching under hens and two of my leghorn hens are still laying. I have one buff minorca hen also in the flock being bred by the same cock. You will get one dozen plus extra if any at close of auction. P/U is also available if you live within a few hours and is always recommended over USPS. I will make no guarentees on shipped hatching eggs due to unknown handling issues. My leghorn stock is from Dan Honour.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Birch Run Farm

Birch Run Farm Biddy up!

Sep 5, 2008
    VERMONT
    Count the minorca out, she has decided to brood. Have two BL hens still going at it. [​IMG]

3. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful birds! I would buy if I wasn't swamped with buff colours right now! [​IMG]

4. Imagesoart

Imagesoart Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    San Jose
    Are they good layers? I have a Danish Brown Leghorn and she only laid her first year then stopped!

5. aceschix

aceschix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Are buff Leghorns a "hot tempered" or "flighty" breed like the white Leghorns?

I did not have luck with the personalities of the white leghorns. But would like to try these if they lay as well as white but are "nice".

Thanks neighbor [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by